Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Le petit triangle

On Sunday I went to Le Petit Triangle Cafe with my family for brunch. We ate crepes and I had a chocolat chaud and it reminded me of eating in my favorite cafe in Paris, Cafe Charlot. I remembered listening to the people speaking French, which I hardly understood at all (eavesdropping on others' conversations, I couldn't get past "Bonjour, ca va?") and eating delicious food. Best was the chocolat chaud. Being in Le Petit Triangle brought back the memories.
The crepes also reminded me of an experience everyone should have when they go to Paris. It was a cold, rainy day and we had been walking around all morning and all afternoon. We'd walked past Notre Dame a few times, trying to decide if it would be worth it to pack inside with everyone else. Our shoes and socks were soaked and we were about to just go home, when Maggie spotted a small, steaming crepe stand with nutella jars on display. We stopped to buy some and they brightened our rainy afternoon. They were the most delicious thing in the world just then.

No comments:

Post a Comment